Monday

Popcorn - Day 1

Today.. I arrived at popcorn 45 minutes early.. Slightly misjudged the bus journey from Haringey. 
Firstly I met Ross Gunter who proceeded to show me around the studio. Which was small but open planned. There are only 4 people that work full time at Popcorn, and then they pull in there freelancers.

Patt - Creative Director
Steve - Designer
Ross - Designer
Mateusz - Designer
...
Lola - The in-house dog

After the brief hello's and intro's Ross told me about a brief they wanted me to handle. I was a little daunted but excited. Then I found out it was for the princess of the UAE..
 The brief break down: " Popcorn are tasked with the creation of Brand identity and Website solutions to communicate more efficiently and coherently to their audience" - This is essentially creating a logo design that will cover across the Al Asayl Showjumping federation. This was a really exciting opportunity for me because it was encompassing everything i wanted to do. Quality logo design. I was defiantly nervous but excited!
So for the whole day i spent my time creating and collecting research to create some mood boards for the project. This meant looking for research within a variety of areas that all relate to the UAE, show jumping and websites. 
Ross was really helpful, he showed me that you could use the issue websites, to collect more research relating to show jumping. 

Although it was a bit laborious, i learn't a lot today especially about organisation and the importance of research and mood boards. Im looking forward to the work tomorrow and presenting my ideas and boards. 



Here are some examples of the research I have been doing. It's interesting to
use a similar file organisation as the other companies i have visited. I think that
this type of organisation is good, because when other people access the folder they cane easily read
the processes.

I covered a range of research from:
Showjumping websites
Magazines
Racing
Polo
Showjumping brands
A range of show jumping websites
Emirates
And basically all things, UAE, Showjumping and Quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment