Wednesday

Popcorn - Day 3

After showing Patt my initial sketches and ideas, Which he really liked. It was a case of spending the of the day bringing the logo together and if I had time applying it to the 3 break down images Patt wanted to use as a reference. 

The whole process was quite challenging because it ad to be perfect and I was working a lot in photoshop and Im not an expert in that. Having said that, Patt and Steve coached me through some processes, and it has really opened my eyes to the potential of photoshop, and i intend to use it a lot more in my future work. It was really educational, and using the processes in a working environment has really helped me again some processes I am going to take on in the future. 
Taking on the initial sketches I have done and turning them into a
vector format so as to play with the layout and style of the structure and 
image.

Adding more details to make it a little more complex. So theres
a little more detail. However, i think its starting to look a little 
more girly, so it's best probably to simplify it. I think it needs more
of a rocky look.

Patt wanted to add more people, so I looked into using some of the
stock images I had used in the research. By adding a bit more
colour just to highlight specific hierarchy. 

While trying to use stock images, Patt showed me an easier way
of using images that look more realistic, using photoshop to enhance the images
making them more grainy and have a more realistic feel. This is something thats
really useful because i can use this technique in future work.
I also added a small little bit of graffiti style artwork, because
it gives more of a grungy affect that works with the style of the logo being used.


Logo in situation.



Variations of the logo and its layout and size. As well as playing
with the colour swatches and styles in order to make a generic
colour palette. 





Final chosen logo.


I had a really good day, I think the experience of working under a boss and working for a client has really helped shape my style of designing. It was challenging trying to incorporate my ideas and join them with Patts as he had a specific idea of what he wanted, but as much as it was a challenge it has really helped me understand the workings of a studio. Its really helpful.




No comments:

Post a Comment