Saturday

Popcorn Evaluation

I had the most amazing week at Popcorn. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and I have learn't more in that week, about the industry, then i could in a year at uni. They gave me some amazing advice, and some personal advice as to how to get ahead of everyone else when applying for jobs and different ways of putting myself out there. This sort of advice coming from Patt is so valuable because at the end of the day, he will be the sort of person i will be applying to for a job. I think what I'm most grateful for, from the whole week, is the advice i got. Yes, i learn't more software skills which will help, but the advice to my own profession has helped no end.

Being trusted to be able to work on my own briefs for people as important as the Princess of the UAE has really boosted my confidence, it was like being dropped in at the deep end but you learn a lot faster that way and i think thats the sort of mentality i am going to take on in the future.

There were little things that the guys passed onto me that will help me in the future, for example Mateusze gave me about 20 links to look at every morning because he finds this is the best way to gain inspiration. and it especially helps if you are struggling with something.

I have learn't different ways to document things and research things. I think more than anything, i want to push myself with this year to detach myself from the course and push myself as a professional. This past week has really shown me what I can accomplish and how best to go about it, and now i have the confidence to take it on further.

I am really happy with my week and I cannot wait to start my next year with this new perspective. I am also really looking forward to going back to them in a couple of months because I have been invited.. Cant wait.

The book they got to me to say thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment